Thursday, November 12, 2009

Installation Inspiration














As an art teacher, I try to expand students' idea of what can be used as art materials so they can experience unlimited possibilities in their creative pursuits. Currently, in the art room, I have a large bin of small recycled objects. I showed it to one of my students, the other day and she instantly reached in, selected a few objects and made a wand. What a wonderful thing to be inspired to create with common, often over-looked or discarded items. I think it comes more naturally with children, to see the wonder and possibilities of a stick and string. As adults we can loose that sense of wonder. I thought this instillation piece captured that feeling of wonder and discovery! I found the images here at this lovely blog: http://ninainvorm.punt.nl

No comments:

Post a Comment